Okay so I have never, ever, in the history of this blog or any other, done a tag of any kind; but, due to my lack of inspiration, here I am. No, actually this tag sounded like fun, so that, in part at least, is why I’m here. (Disclaimer: This tag was created by NEHOMAS2 on Youtube, and is absolutely truly not my idea.)
Alright, let’s do this.
So the basic idea of this tag is that you are having a dinner party for eleven people, one of them is you, and you can invite ten fictional characters, one from each category, so that is exactly what I’m going to do. Side note: If we want to get technical, you are having a dinner party for twelve people since one of the categories is a couple, but yeah…anyway, let’s get to the tag.
- One character who can cook/likes to cook. I don’t know if it’s just me, but most of the middle grade and young adult books that I read don’t have many characters that can cook or like to cook. Still, that’s beside the point since I do know a few who can cook. It’s kind of a toss up between Mrs. Vey, from the Michael Vey series, Calpurnia, from To Kill a Mockingbird, and Imogen, from The Ascendance Trilogy, but since this is a dinner party, and what Mrs. Vey does best is breakfast food, and Imogen cooks medival food, which kinda scares the crap out of me, I’m going to go with Calpurnia.
- One character who has money to fund the party. The first person who comes to mind for this one is-HOLD IT. IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE FIRST BOOK IN THE ASCENDANCE TRILOGY, THE FALSE PRINCE, I’M ABOUT TO RUIN IT. Just a warning-Okay, as I was saying, the first person that comes to mind is Jaron Eckbert III. He is a king, so he probably has a lot of money laying around.
- One character who might cause a scene. One? Hahaha. There are SO many characters that could cause a scene. I would say Jaron if I hadn’t just invited him, but I did, so I won’t. Okay. Who would cause a scene? Macey, from the Gallagher Girls series, if she was being a brat, maybe Ani, from The Scourge, because, well, she’s Ani, or Fink, from The Ascendance Trilogy, because Fink is pretty much a mini Jaron, even Bex, also from The Gallagher Girls series, might cause a scene because if someone insulted one of her friends or she just felt like doing something Bexish. Alright, since I have to pick one, I’m just going to pick my favorite out of these, or the one I most want to meet, and go with Bex. Or, now that I think about it, Grace from Embassy Row is much more likely to cause a scene because that’s what she does.
- One character who is funny/amusing. This is also really hard because if a character doesn’t have a sense of humor, I probably don’t like them all that much. I could say Weevil, from The Scourge, or Sherm, from Goodbye Stranger, even though he wasn’t THAT funny of a character, or Puck, from the Sisters Grimm series, which, now that I think about it, would likely to cause a scene with his stench alone, but whatever, or Zeus, from the Michael Vey series, although when Zeus says something funny, it’s generally a threat, gotta love that, or even Matt, from The Worst Class Trip Ever and The Worst Night Ever, since Matt is just such an adorably hilarious idiot. Okay, once again, I’m going to have to pick the one I want to meet the most, so I’m going to go with Weevil.
- One character who is super social/popular. Hmm, I don’t know as many of these, fortunately for you, dear reader. The first person that comes to mind is Taylor, from the Michael Vey series, since she was super popular in book one, is still a cheerleader at heart, and is pretty much second in command with Zeus and Jack, when Michael can’t lead.
- One villian. This is hard. Like really hard. There aren’t’ too many villains I’m in love with, but, there are a couple I would LOVE to meet. There’s Hatch, from the Michael Vey series, Catherine, from the Gallagher Girls series, BIG SPOILER, Mr. Solomon, from the Gallagher Girls series, even though he isn’t exactly a villain, and Princess Ann (or is it Anne?), from the Embassy Row series. Really I would be scared to invite any of these people within a million-mile radius of me, but, assuming that whichever one I invite to the party promises not to kill me or any of the other guests, at least for the night, I would say…Mr. Solomon, because, who am I kidding, I WOULD LOVE TO MEET MR. SOLOMON, and maybe, if we’re not too busy keeping Jaron and Taylor from fighting, because I have a feeling they just would not get along, kind of like Zach and Macey, take a CoveOps class.
- One couple – doesn’t have to be romantic. Doesn’t have to be, but will be you mean? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Well right off the bat I’m going to go with Cammie and Zach, from the Gallagher Girls series, if for no other reason than they are two of my all time favorite characters…EVER.
- One hero/heroine. Okay I would probably have said Jaron or Cammie, had they not already been invited to this fantastic shindig, but, since they are, I’m going to go with Michael, from the Michael Vey series, because Michael is pretty much the definition of a hero.
- One underappreciated character. Oh this is hard. So many characters come to mind. Charlie from Saving Lucas Biggs. Danny Meyers from Holly’s Heart, who probably no one has heard of in years, but he really is a hilariously condescending character. Sherm from Goodbye Stranger. Leo from Willow Falls. Rory from Willow Falls. Ray from Willow Falls. Okay, anyone, except for Jake (Yes, you heard right, Lila Red) from Willow Falls. Maya Davis from The Maya Davis series. Jare from Connect the Stars. Rosie from The Embassy Row series. Truly, Lucas, Scooter, Calhoun, Cha Cha, or Pippa from The Pumpkin Falls series. Rupert, Kevin, and Cassidy from The Mother-Daughter Book Club. Okay, there are a ton of these, so I’m going to stop listing them and pick ONE. It’s between Charlie and Leo, and maybe even Lucas, Scooter, or Truly. Who do I want to meet more? I’m gonna go with…Charlie. Or Scooter. This is hard. Really hard. Okay, let’s go with Scooter. He is really wonderfully rotten, so I really want to meet him.
- One character of your own choosing. Okay, since I betrayed Leo in the last one, I’m gonna go with him for this one, even though I really, really would like to meet Alexei, or Noah, or Jamie from the Embassy Row series. Okay, maybe I’m going to go with someone else…I’m so sorry, Leo. Let’s go with Alexei.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think! And, as far as tagging someone else, I’m going to tag Lila Red from the The Cheapskate Bibliomaniac.